Thursday, February 6, 2014

Midweek run



It snowed all day yesterday. I think we got something like ten inches yesterday though it could only be four, what do I know. I woke up this morning anticipating having to shovel my car out but was pleasantly surprised that it didn't seem to have snowed much after I got home last night. I ran three miles on the treadmill at a 4.5 pace and the last twenty minutes felt really tough. It's interesting, my breathing has been good and steady but my legs are really sore. The pain in my hip was there when I woke up but I didn't feel it as I was running. I have noticed that as I get to the end of three miles my left knee starts to bother me. It's just a little twinge and I hope the more I run the stronger my knee will get.

When I got to the gym this morning the sun was out and the sky was clear and a beautiful blue. Here's a picture:


On Sunday evening I made a big pot of vegetable soup in the crock pot. I used this recipe and I've had it for lunch all week. I'm going to make it again this weekend - it's really delicious and filling and hardly any Weight Watchers points. I usually eat it for lunch with a turkey wrap or two string cheeses, some kind of protein. If you like soup, I highly recommend trying this one.



And finally, because I took the time to "do" my hair and put on makeup, here's a picture of me:

No comments:

Post a Comment