Thursday, January 30, 2014

More training. I think I'm getting it.



Yesterday was a rest day but I wish I had gone for a walk or done some kind of low impact activity. Three miles was really challenging today and I wonder if doing something yesterday would have made a difference in how I felt today.

I ran at a 4.5 pace but at a mile and a half I felt really sluggish and like I wouldn't finish so I slowed to 4.3, ran at that pace for half a mile and was able to run the last full mile at 4.5. I had ten minutes left and I was really struggling, my breathing was really good but my legs felt like lead. I just started talking to myself in my head, things like "don't stop" and "you don't think you can do it but you can." It seemed to help and when I finished I was so proud of myself.

I walked for twenty minutes at a slow pace to catch my breath and cool down. I'm already worrying about running 4 miles on Saturday. The longest distance I've ever run is 5k but I think I'm looking forward to it. I keep proving to myself that I can do things I didn't think I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment