Saturday, February 1, 2014

Four miles!



I didn't think I could do it but I did it. Yesterday was a scheduled rest/cross train day and I wanted to see if it would make a difference in how I felt today to do some kind of low impact exercise. So yesterday I walked on the treadmill for half an hour and did the elliptical for half an hour, both very slowly - I barely worked up a sweat. I don't know if it's just in my head but I really think it made a difference today. I felt so good. My legs felt really strong and my breathing was great. At about 3.5 miles my left knee started to hurt but I just kept going because over all I still felt pretty good. I think I could have kept going which makes me feel good about when I 'm going to have to run 5 miles in a couple of weeks.

Here's a picture I took of myself right when I reached 4 miles.



I think I'm going to try to do some kind of low impact exercise every "rest" day this week and see how I feel. I also need to find some good post run stretches to do.

Off to weigh in this morning. I'm feeling a little nervous about it just because I ate a lot this week. I was hungry all the time because of running and I wasn't well prepared. So tomorrow I'm going grocery shopping to stock up on healthy snacks for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment