Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Little happy things

It's been a rough couple of days but I feel like I'm coming out of the slump.

I ate a less than ideal lunch but instead of going "oh well" and giving up for the rest of the day like I've done the last couple of days, I tracked it and let it go. I had 11 Points for the rest of the day but I managed to stay within those points for dinner. Afterwards, I went for an hour walk and then came home and had strawberries and Lite Cool Whip (4 tablespoons for 1 Point) and I'm ending the day with two Points left. It feels like a big accomplishment after the last three days and I'm proud of myself for getting through a couple of really emotional days.

The walk was really nice. It was good to get out for a while and clear my head. I ended up following a path I walk by occasionally but never venture down and what I found was a beautiful little pond. It was really lovely.

Have some photos from my day.


I live in a small town in Vermont and parts of it are really lovely. Especially right now after all the rain we've had. Everything is green and beautiful.



Instead of my normal walk, I decided to cross the road and venture down this little path I pass by daily but never walk down. I'm really happy I did because the view was incredible and it was such a pleasant surprise.






I came home and took a long hot shower and realized I was still hungry. So I cut up some strawberries and remembered I had a container of Lite Cool Whip defrosting in the fridge so I measured out four tablespoons for 1 Point and ate it slowly. It was so good and now I can be done with food for the rest of the evening.

While I was walking I decided I wanted to try a plank challenge. So before I showered I attempted it. I thought I would do 3 sets of 10 seconds. Having never attempted a plank before, I didn't realize how naive I was. I lasted five seconds and didn't have the energy to attempt another one. But I'm going to try again tomorrow and keep going. If I can only do five seconds every day for a month, then so be it. But I want to see what'll happen if I stick with it.

1 comment:

  1. You go Loey! I'm so proud of you! Those strawberries look delicious!

    Love Miranda

    ReplyDelete