Monday, May 13, 2013

It's been a busy few days

It's tough feeling like you're settling into a good groove and routine and it's disrupted. 

I've been traveling since Thursday and I am ready for things to go back to routine. I miss my bed, I miss my tiny kitchen, I miss my shower, I miss my kids at work and I miss having control over my schedule and what I eat. 

It's been a really great trip and I am so grateful I was able to spend so much time with family and take part in two very special celebrations. But I haven't exercised since Friday and that makes me feel panicky. The more I think about the road race, the more I want to do the best I can and I can feel myself getting obsessive about it. 

The amazing thing is, despite last week's craziness and the disruption of my daily life, I ran on four different days and logged 8 miles. Thats feels like a meaningful accomplishment to me. It makes me excited to get home and get back to making running part of my life on a consistent basis. 

I am in the Raleigh Durham airport waiting to fly home. We have a three hour layover in Philadelphia and when we get to New Haven I still have a three hour drive home so I can be at work for early shift at 7:15 tomorrow morning. I feel a little anxious about all of it but really pleased that I've had a Greek yogurt and bran muffin for breakfast. It makes me feel like I'm holding on to a bit of control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment