Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A post about blisters. Really.

I officially have my first running injury. Unfortunately, it's super gross. On Saturday, I could feel myself getting a bad blister on my left foot. When I was drying off after my shower, I accidentally broke the skin and realized the blister was the size of a lemon and had a huge flap of skin hanging off my foot.

Today I went to the gym with the intention of running but I was really frustrated about something going on in my professional life and I needed to blow off some steam so my warm up walk ended up being a fast 2 mile walk and ended with me limping to the locker room with blisters on top of my blister.

Here it is all wrapped up.



I'm supposed to go running tomorrow with my sister and brother-in-law and I can barely walk right now. But I will forge ahead because they are running a marathon on Sunday that they've been training for since January, so I can push through a two mile run with a boo boo on my foot.

1 comment:

  1. I am Jen & I work for Thorlos. My job is to find people whose feet hurt and share with them a video showing a possibility to help you reduce the pain - http://bit.ly/16DZOMZ

    ReplyDelete