Sunday, February 16, 2014

Week three



I can't believe I didn't post about this yesterday but I ran five miles!!! I did it! I cannot believe it. Three weeks ago when I was thinking about signing up for a half marathon I didn't think I could run three miles consistently, let alone four miles and then five miles. This week four miles was my distance for my Tuesday/Thursday runs and by the time Saturday came around, I really felt like I could do it, like running five miles was doable. The only issue - aside from boredom - was my left knee. At about 3.75 miles it started to hurt and by the time the run was over and I was doing my cool-down walk, I was limping a bit. But I ran three miles today (crazy! In the freezing cold! Through puddles!) and my knee didn't bother me at all. I can feel my legs getting stronger. It's so exciting.
Week Three Recap:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 4.06 miles in 54:17
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 4.06 miles in 54:20
Friday: Trudged a mile and a half through the snow to the bus stop. It counts.
Saturday: 5.01 miles in 54:11
Sunday: 3.02 miles in 41:13

Total mileage (running): 16.15

Here are some pictures from my week:


My run today. I was looking at my splits and saw that of the three miles, the first mile was the slowest. That's kind of cool to me for some reason, getting faster the longer I run instead of slower.


Babysitting in Lyme for a family with beautiful property.


Grocery shopping today. Look how healthy.


At work yesterday wearing my new favorite shirt. $3.59 at Old Navy. I love being able to wear Old Navy clothes.


Snowy Hanover on Valentine's Day.


Monday, wearing my new dress I bought with the Old Navy gift card Emily bought me for Christmas. I love this dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment