Sunday, February 9, 2014

End of week two!

Alright, I am in a terrible mood. I'm feeling cranky about watching what I eat and running. I'm indulging in a pity party today, to be honest. So I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

I went to the gym this afternoon with three miles on the training plan. I walked for 15 minutes (I don't usually walk beforehand but I had just eaten a snack and was feeling like I needed to digest a little) then decided to see if I could run three miles at a 4.7 pace. Holy heck, it was really tough. I lasted two miles and then I just stopped. I should have slowed down and finished the three miles but I was just a mess, a cramp in my leg and my knee hurting and I felt sluggish and exhausted. I walked ten more minutes and called it quits. So I'm bummed with myself for not running the three miles on the schedule for today, but I'm going to count it as a success because I really, really did not want to run at all today - I kept having a conversation with myself talking myself in and out of going to the gym - and I ran at a pace that feels very tough for me. Also, the total distance with walking was 3.5 miles so I'm pretending it counts. Sort of.

Week Two Recap:
Monday: Walked 3 miles
Tuesday: 3.01 miles in 39:40
Wednesday: a total of 30 minutes of walking
Thursday: 3.03 miles in 40:33
Friday: Walked 3 miles
Saturday: 4.05 miles in 54:11
Sunday: 2 miles in 25:55

Total mileage (running): 12.09

I think I'm feeling really discouraged today. The frustration with my weight is settling in. This week I'm trying to just think about getting my runs in and try not to focus on the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment